Ronald Engels schreef op 9 juli 2020 23:13:
RDSHELL and HYDROGEN COMMENT ON SEEKING ALPHA, by Ron Engels.
- Why not just produce CO + H2 molecules through POx-Partial Oxidation Reactors from for example Heavy Waste Fuel + O2 + HP Steam, Heavy Waste Fuels like Visbroken Bottoms and FCC / RFCC Slurries and or Coal Slurry fines "think Gassification of Coal", no CO2 is hereby produced and its a very clean operation, see ELF Aquitaine/TOTAL-MIDER 2000 Oil Refinery in Germany, Leuna close to Leipzig.
- It was part of my commisioning and operations management responsabilities from 1997 to 1999.
- If you want to produce additional H2, you separate part of the CO from the mixture and send the CO to a catalytic CO Conversion Unit, giving the following reaction, CO + H2O => CO2 + H2, in fact possibly doubling the total amount of produced H2, from as well the POx reactions as well as the CO Conversion.
- We also had this CO Conversion Unit in Leuna, Germany.
- We also produced about 37 M3/Hour of Methanol catalytically over a Copper-Catalyst directly from the 45 vol % CO + 55 vol % H2 gas mixture from the POx-Partial Oxidation Reactors and this methanol was used further in the refinery with Iso-Butylene to produce MTBE and High Octane 98 Gasoline and so on.
- The POx-process produced a lot of thermal heat energy and as such HP-superheated steam, which was used to generate many MWhours of electricity and so on.
- As such we were able to produce out of very dirty very heavy waste fuels-bitumen/asphalt types, with a very negative refinery costprice, to produce environmentally clean fuels like H2, Methanol and electricity with ZERO or extremely low CO2 emissions and as such, 1 year after Start-up we were extremely profitable, with this 320.000 barrels/day refinery in 1999 in Germany/Leuna.
- TOTAl still operates these refinery Units to my best of knowledge and Royal Dutch Shell and SHELL Global Solutions have also the overall Knowledge and Experience to do all this and I am sure quite a lot of Oil Majors will reuse all his knowledge and experience from the past German War period 1930-1945, and possibly also their Fisher Tropsch Synthesis processus – Dirty Coal to Synthetic clean fuels by not producing but instead consuming CO2 gasses in these processus.
- All old technology, improve it and start using all these cheap refinery-integrated processus again and why not use dirty Coal as the Feedstock for it, as long as it is not giving CO2, NOx, SOx and fines emissions.
If I can do it cleanly and profitably, so can all the Oil Majors, I am very sure of this!