Niet perse iets nieuws gehoord tijdens fire side chat, wel bevestiging dat readouts dit kwartaal gedaan zullen worden ('we'll have it soon'), alsook nogmaals de bevestiging van vertrouwen (filgotinib vormt 'backbone in inflammation therapeutic area').
Strekking van de chat mbt Filgotinib, uitspraken John McHutchison:
- 1 of 4 top programs, in terms of advanced clinical stage developments;
- drug is differentiated; waiting for 2 phase 3 readouts to allow us to put package together for RA
- more importantly, most advanced JAK inhibitor in development Crohn's disease and (we believe) 2nd in UC (less aggressive market compared to RA, competitor wise);
- waiting for total package (other two phase 3 readouts); JAK1 specificity, different rates of thrombo / infections, platelets, less HB reduction etc..;
- let's see what the entire phase 3 package is, than we'll be able to move it forward;
- backbone in inflammation therapeutic area upon which we will build (by adding other drugs/additional drugs for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, RA and other).
Tav 5 other diseases waar Filgotinib ook wordt ingezet (after careful analysis of commercial opportunities): we felt confident based on amount of large phase 2 data set by Galapagos (RA + Chrohn's disease), we continue to feel confident now. Let us allow the next phase 3 programs to read out so we will have a very large data set, which happens this quarter (Robin Washington op achtergrond; so we will have it soon).