alida1 schreef op 7 juni 2021 08:15:
Tricoya® plant construction update
Accsys, the fast-growing and eco-friendly company that combines chemistry and technology to create
high performance, sustainable wood building products, today announces an update regarding the
status of construction of the new Tricoya® plant at Hull, UK by Tricoya UK Limited (‘Tricoya UK’),
Accsys’s joint venture in relation to the Hull plant.
• As announced by the Company on 16 April 2021, based upon management experience the
plant construction schedule at Hull was at risk of being delayed due to COVID-19 related
challenges, recent engineering changes, and the final stages of construction taking longer than
anticipated, and Accsys was considering a full range of options to mitigate these risks.
• We have now received and are considering a notice from the lead contractor responsible for the
delivery of the plant, Engie Fabricom UK Limited, purporting to terminate the engineering,
procurement and construction agreement for the project by reason of force majeure arising out
of the COVID-19 pandemic and stating that they plan to demobilise over the next two weeks.
• The Tricoya® plant construction is in its final stages. Accsys is committed to the safe completion
and operation of the plant and has been looking forward to obtaining greater control over the
site and completing the commissioning as soon as possible.
• The purported termination may now result in Tricoya UK taking over earlier than previously
anticipated the completion of the final stages of construction and subsequent commissioning.
This may be with or without assistance of a new lead contractor given the advanced status of
• We will update the market on any possible implications for the timeline and costs for the project
as soon as possible, and will be releasing Accsys’ preliminary results for the year ended 31
March 2021 later this month.